Please visit our blog for news
About the Village of Ashley Country Christmas.
FACEBOOK - See us at https://www.facebook.com/villageofashley
- Destination of the North Pole Express train trips November 16 - December 21, 2019, Saturday and Sunday!
- Please note: train tickets for the North Pole Express ride are sold by the Steam Railroading Institute, information can be found at their website www.michigansteamtrain.com and on Facebook at Steam Railroading Institute. Tickets for this 2019 season are sold out. Signing up for email notification for 2020 tickets can be done at www.michigansteamtrain.com/notifications
- Come and visit the Village of Ashley's Country Christmas celebration. Starting the middle of November the village will be transformed into an old fashioned Country Christmas. Stroll the streets and enjoy the beautiful 1940's inspired decorations. See the big Christmas tree, take a horse drawn wagon ride, watch stage and street entertainment or visit the hobo camp.
- When you're hungry stop into the North Pole Express Cafe, Schall's Burger Barn, the Hobo Kitchen, On The Go food truck, Grub Hub food truck, Whistle Stop Cafe, or Zachzilla's food truck. See the menus at our Eateries button. For sweet treats check the offerings under our Eateries button.
- Oh, the holiday shopping! You'll find handmade gifts, home decor, presents to stuff stockings, children's gifts, Country Christmas souvenirs, train memorabilia, chain saw carved figures, garnet jewelry and much more.
- You can watch the chain saw carver creating delicately sculpted wildlife figures.
- Visit Santa's reindeer, watch your child make a wooden toy at Santa's Workshop. There are the old fashioned children's carnival games and the life size Christmas Candy Land game.
- If you're in town at the right time, you'll get to greet the North Pole Express as she steams into town.
- And the highlight of your visit will be seeing Santa and just maybe being chosen for the First Gift of Christmas!